Fashion & Events
|Posted on September 12, 2015 at 1:10 PM|
The Herron Starr Sales Associate is vital to delivering customer service that offers a distinctive shopping experience and drives sales results. The Sales Associate works as part of a team to meet sales and store objectives, your responsibility as a Sales Associate may include demonstrating outstanding customer service and selling skills, keeping the selling floor stocked with merchandise and ready for sales events, or organizing the selling floor and stock area.
The Sales Associate position is currently part-time Wednesday- Friday 12:00pm to 5:00pm and Saturday 11:00am-4:00pm. The position has the potential of becoming full-time.
• Meeting and making a connection with customers, asking questions and listening to shoppers' needs, then giving options and advice on meeting those needs
• Inspiring the customer to buy, celebrating the purchase, and creating a lasting positive impression of you, Herron Starr, and the purchase
• Ensuring that stock room is organized by promptly clearing our merchandise and returning it to the proper area of the selling floor
• Maintaining selling floor presentations, and restocking them as needed
• Learning Herron Starr's systems and procedures to enhance selling efficiencies and complete support duties
• Handle all returns courteously and professionally
• Responsible for achieving personal sales goals and Herron Starr Reward goals
• Maintain a professional attitude with sincerity and enthusiasm reflecting Herron Starr’s commitment to our customer – the most important person in our store
• Be knowledgeable of and perform sales support functions related to POS procedures
• Develop product knowledge by reading current vendor tags and pamphlets and attending training classes in order to communicate it to the customer
• Be aware of current promotional events and sales
• Maintain good housekeeping standards
• Adhere to Loss Prevention and inventory control and compliance procedures
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
• Education/Experience: Previous retail sales experience preferred, but not required
• Communication Skills: Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively communicate with customers, peers, and management. Ability to communicate on the telephone with proper etiquette.
• Mathematical Skills: Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. Ability to use a calculator and calculate percentages and ratios. Must be able to make change in American monetary units.
• Reasoning Ability: Ability to multi-task, while being attentive to customers and remaining flexible to the needs of the business. Ability to work as part of a team and take initiative independent of direct supervision.
• Physical Demands: This position involves constant moving, talking, hearing, reaching, grabbing and standing for at least two consecutive hours. May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing ladders. Vision abilities include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Involves lifting at least 50 lbs.
• Other Skills: Enthusiastic, friendly, and energetic with a genuine desire to provide outstanding service.
• Work Hours: Available to work a variety of hours, which may include early mornings, evenings, and weekends.
This job description is not all inclusive. In addition, Herron Starr Apparel, LLc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Herron Starr Apparel, LLc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.